1. Palestine is located in the Mediterranean Middle East and consists of non-contiguous territories: the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. Israel occupies both areas illegally.
2. Gaza Strip is approximately 365km² while West Bank is 5655km², including contested East Jerusalem. The state of Israel separates both territories. Its land is being annexed by the Israeli state.
3. 138 out of 193 UN member states recognized Palestine as a sovereign state while Japan, the US, Canada, and Western European countries don’t recognize its independence. Israel does not want the creation of a Palestine state.
4. The median age of Palestine’s population is 20.8 years. 30 percent of the population is under 24 years old.
5. As of 2022, half the population of Palestine are diasporas. More than five million people live in neighboring countries and a few others in Europe and America.
6. It has three important UNESCO sites that include the birthplace of Jesus, and the tombs of Abraham and his family.
7. Palestine was among former Ottoman territories before it was placed under the UK administration by the League of Nations in 1922.
8. Gaza Strip is controlled by Hamas with leadership in the West Bank having less say in day to day running of Gaza.
9. Palestine has no military as Israeli troops control the area. Palestine fighters only recruit men into their fighting rank and women are not allowed to fight.…Read More